Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My house isn't getting showings. What's wrong?



An InfoTube Home Seller Writes:

Dear InfoTube,

I have received only 1 buyer inquiry about my house, yet my Seller desktop shows I have had 100 people view my ad. Why is on one contacting me even though I am getting a lot of hits? Signed, Desperate in Florida

Dear Desperate in Florida,

I took a look at your home ad. The photo and descriptions look very professional, as your 100 hits confirms. Since we know that photo's sell homes, one idea may be for you to pay the one-time $9.95 fee and upload 20 pictures with captions under each one.

In responding to your question, 100 hits and only 1 inquiry is concerning. I haven't seen your home and I don't know your neighborhood, but I wonder if price could be the problem? The housing market in Florida is in a correction and the mood has definitely shifted to the buyer's side. With the increased listings on the market, pricing correctly is crucially important in getting buyers interested. Verify that your home is priced in line with other homes in your area and stay the course. Don't be discouraged, as all homes are staying on the market longer.

Another option you may wish to consider is listing your home on your local and the national MLS (Multiple Listing Service). The flat fee MLS option allows you to retain your "by owner" status, yet benefit from local buyer's agents and the buyer traffic on realtor.com. To learn more about this service, visit www.why6percent.com.

Best of luck on the sale of your home and email me at tommi@infotube.net, if I can assist you further.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have signed on to have my home as a featured home; however, it hasn't been and I check it every day. If I am paying for a featured home, I feel it should at least come up when someone pulls up the home page. Does anyone other than me see a problem with this?

LaDonna Brinkman- Ad #161865

4:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had my home listed since Jan. I have had over 300 hits and not one person has called or emailed. I have it also marketed through a market company where it is on 5 different MLS, Homes & Land magazine and newspaper ads. The feed back I have had from two realestate agents who came through said my home is priced right that it shows better than homes where interior designers have staged a home. Why is in not selling?? Also when I use your Sort list for desc or amount of bedrooms mine never comes up. What is the deal. My home is a featured home on your site. Thank you for any suggestions.
Will it ever sell, Florida

8:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very good real estate stuff. I would like to visit again

Homes Miami Beach for Sale

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home